Sunday, July 13, 2008

Center of the Universe


I'm back in Virginia at my parents' home in Yorktown. We've had a great weekend back.

On Saturday, I met up with my friend Ginny in Ashland, which, as you can see by their street sign, is the "Center of the Universe". That cracked us up.

Ashland is just north of Richmond, and was a good kind of halfway point between Yorktown and DC, which is where Ginny lives. We ate at the Ironhorse, a cool little brewery, walked around the campus of Randolph Macon College (starting off our jaunt on Greek Row, natch), and checking out the downtown Ashland scene.

I had such a fantastic time catching up on all things Delta Gamma and what it's like to have a big DC career (I miss those days), and can't wait till Ginny comes to visit Italy in the fall!

Tomorrow Mom and I are going to high tea and shopping in Williamsburg, one of my most favorite Virginia pasttimes.

No comments: