Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Insanity

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind of, not just activity, but plain insanity.

Chris left yesterday for a summer vacation in Afghanistan. He will be gone until the fall. I was telling some friends today that it all happened so fast that it truly has not hit me that he will really be gone for that long. He has been gone so much lately that it really feels like he will be coming back in a couple of weeks. I will definitely be lonely and sad soon, I know it!

To make matters worse, today I was supposed to host a group of ladies at my house to hold a meeting to select vendors for our Bazaar in October. I have the distinct privilege of chairing that event again this year.

Well, the table was set for a nice lunch, the house was mostly clean, and I was brushing my teeth at about 8:30 a.m. when the water in my house just stopped working. No running water whatsoever. So, I had to scramble to find a new location (you can't even flush the toilet in my house let alone cook food without any running water), and food to feed our crowd.

The blessing in all this was that yesterday I got to meet up with my sorority big sister, Jenny, and her husband Phil for a lovely day in Murano. We went to the glass museum, glass store browsing (and buying), and ate a great lunch. It was fun to see you, Jenny!! I had a great day. And, I bought some really cool new jewelry (yes, Chris already knows I went shopping to compensate for losing him for the summer).

And, my committee still got to meet today, and have the vendors really under control, and way in advance. I am so excited for the 2008 Bazaar!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So is your water back on? And is your phone working?

I'm sure that glass jewelry is all you're going to buy to compensate for not having Chris around this summer.

Sue said...

I have always found that self-gifting is a great way to beat back the blues. Don't forget...diamonds are a girl's best friend...or jewelry from Venice...or even armoires from Elke's Antiques in Steinwenden! Don't worry, Mere, I won't tattle on you the way you did on me...now you understand so much more. Laura and I can't wait until you get home this summer...we are going to have lots of fun!