Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's the Little Things

I live in a very quiet little village called Giais. The very quiet little corner of my little village that I live in is more specifically Selva di Giais. I love living there, because of the gorgeous mountain I see every day.

But, sometimes I have regretted the fact that my quiet little village does not have the hustle and bustle of larger villages. I have always wished that I was a quick walk from il centro, the center, and its markets, fests, and...cafes.

Yesterday, on my drive home, as I was about to turn, I noticed - GASP - a new bar on the little street in my part of town! So, I immediately walked down to see what they have. Lo and behold, a cafe! I am so incredibly excited. In fact, I bought an espresso yesterday, and a cappucino this morning.

The woman running the store is incredibly friendly, but speaks no English. When I came in this morning, she introduced me around as "The American". I'm going to like this new addition to Giais.

No comments: