Friday, November 7, 2008

Cooper Updates

Things have been in complete upheaval around here lately! Chris and I spent about a week in Germany before he left for six weeks to Montgomery, Alabama for some training. I had intended to catch the rotator this past week to meet him, but, alas, nobody got on to Baltimore this week. So, I will wait until the next one.

Our trip to Germany was fantastic. We went to Munich, Rothenburg, and then spent one more night in Bavaria to see Neuschwanstein Castle.

Our favorite stop, by far, was the medieval city of Rothenburg. If you are someone who appreciates German culture, medieval history, or even just the celebration of Christmas, Rothenburg is for you. One evening, we went to a small restaurant that looked like it was straight out of the Lord of the Rings movies. It was lit only by candles, and seemed really as if the 600-year-old building had been built for hobbits.

Well, as I am very interested in politics, and that subject used to pay the bills for me, I must opine on this election. I am, naturally, not satisfied. I will leave Obama supporters with this question: For someone who campaigned solely on the unsubstantive idea of "change", why did Obama's first presidential act consist of appointing a former Clinton aide as his Chief of Staff? That is not the stuff change is made of.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm jealous about Rothenburg. Did you have one of those pastry balls with powdered sugar? I always think of those when I think of R-burg.

Stop making such a fuss about Obama. The moveon.org types want us to "get behind" this president so we can have unity. They know a lot about unity.