Monday, October 5, 2009

Shop 'Til You Drop!

We took our last trip to Venice on Sunday. You would think that my priorities would have been to gaze out over the Grand Canal from the Rialto Bridge, or to sip on a capuccino from Piazza San Marco while reflecting on the beautiful cathedral in front of me. We definitely did all those kinds of things.

But, my big priority was to bid arrivederci to all my favorite shops. I scored a great shopper's farewell, too. In every one of my shopping destinations, I got a free gift! My mother is proud. I did get some great Christmas shopping done. In fact, we got quite a lot of gifts for our families.

I feel like I do need to put in a plug for one of my favorite jewelry stores in Venice. If you have not been to Rialto 79 (at the foot of the Rialto Bridge), you have not received quality Murano jewelry while getting quality service too. The lovely store owners always reward me with an "Aviano discount", and on Sunday they gave me a bracelet to match a necklace I was buying. Their jewelry is just stunning, and I always receive compliments on what I wear from that store.

If you see something you like, but don't see the color you are looking for, they will do what it takes to make you something there on the spot. In fact, one time I was there, they even left the store to go get more glass beads in the color I was wanting. They are lovely people.

We will miss being able to jump on a train to go to Venice whenever we would like. I have really enjoyed that whimsical city, and hope I can return one day.

No comments: