Saturday, July 3, 2010

Uno, Ein, One!


My sweet Jackson Thomas is one year old today! I can hardly believe it. It seems like only yesterday that I came out of 36 hours of labor to finally have a c-section; that I had to be talked off of a ledge every day because I really did not like nursing; that I had a teeny tiny baby to hold.

I am pleased to say that we actually made it an entire year of nursing! I really think I deserve some kind of prize for that. It really has all flown by, though, and I enjoy my son more and more each day.

During the past year, Jackson has visited eight countries. That is incredible! He is a great traveler - but not a good sleeper. He is so happy and so stubborn at the same time. I know I'm really going to be in for it later on.

Today was a great birthday for all of us. Jackson actually slept through the night. When he woke up, we had a pancake breakfast and opened some presents. We visited the Wildpark in Gangelt (Jackson loves animals and bucket swings which are both at the Wildpark), and we had dinner, cake and more presents!



Although we chose not to have a big birthday party, I still went with a theme for our small family gathering - a barnyard birthday. So, Jackson had a farm decor, farm-themed presents from his parents, and even a tractor cake (made by a friend).

He had a blast for his first birthday, and I am slightly sad knowing that the next year is going to go by just as quickly.

1 comment:

Madcap Motherhood said...

Jackson is so handsome! I love the controlled mess on his face from the icing. Every time I see that picture from when he was born, I wonder what the Chinese symbol tattoos say on that guy's arm.