Sunday, February 3, 2008

Venezia


Well, I accomplished some of my to-do list. I got to sip a bellini, eat a great meal (I found a place that served a Greek Salad!), and I bought a super cute lace baby bonnet and matching booties for a friend from my favorite lace shop in Venice. It was a slightly rainy day, but there was a lot of celebrating in Venice. The city was, naturally, packed full of people. I went with a group of friends, and had a lovely day.

What happens in Venice very literally stays in Venice, right ladies? There were beautiful costumes all over the place and people going crazy in celebration. Our goals of being back in our area by 9:30 went completely out the window when we found a cool little jazz bar, so we were all a little tired today in church. We ended up staying longer than we thought, and then when our train got to our stop, the doors would not open for us. We ended up riding to the next stop and taking a cab back to our cars. That was the only real hiccup of the trip, which was great considering that the train rides and streets could have been miserably jammed with people.

I am so glad that I got to go! The only downside was that Chris couldn't come with me. But, there's always next year. And, next year I want to rent costumes. We shall see.

No comments: