Saturday, February 2, 2008

Carnevale, Part II

I had a really great to-do list for today. Want to hear it?

1. Take the train to Venice.
2. Wander to our new favorite mask store. Buy some unique, cool masks for Carnevale.
3. Find our favorite restaurant to eat a good lunch, and sip a Bellini.
4. Head to my favorite lace store at the foot of the Rialto to buy a baby gift.
5. Maybe buy a Venetian glass watch, similar to one I bought my mom for Christmas.
6. Go to St. Mark's for Carnevale celebration. Maybe go into St. Mark's (one of my favorite cathedrals).

Sounds great, right? Well, the Air Force had other plans for Chris and his squadronmates today. Even though they've been working till late in the night for the past week (at least), they were mandated to come in all this weekend. They are preparing for something, but we spouses are not allowed to know for what.

I do know that Chris is leaving on Monday to go to Poland for a week to a conference, and then I'm assuming will join up with his squadron in some fun part of the world for some fun shenanigans for a time. What amount of time? Who knows.

I want so badly to still have some Carnevale time! If anyone reading this wants to go with me on Tuesday, let me know. I'm open to skipping the AOCSC Board meeting for some Carnevale fun!

No comments: