Thursday, January 31, 2008

Carnevale, Part I


It's that time of year - Carnevale! Last night, I went with a group of ladies to Venice to take in a dinner theater production of Carnival. It was a fantastic time! The show itself was a mixture of acting and film to show the history of Venice and Carnevale. It was not quite what I expected, but it was really interesting.

When we were riding the vaporetto (water bus) back to the train station, we were saying that we had to pinch ourselves. After all, it was Wednesday night, and we were in Venice to take in a show. What a great way to spend an evening!

Being that it was Carnevale, it was actually kind of dead in Venice. I really did not see many tourists, or anyone, out and about. There were not that many people pushing each other around on the Grand Canal or the Rialto Bridge. It was very strange.

I am hoping that there will be a Carnevale, Part II post after the weekend. Chris and I are hoping to go on Saturday. I will hopefully get some great pictures, too. I took some last night, but they didn't come out too great. Here's a nice blurry one for you!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love Carnevale and all the extraordinary costumes...I'm jealous!

The Giles Family said...

Hey Meredith,
We will be there on Saturday too! Maybe we will see you there. Taking the 1:02 train from Sacile. Ladies day out...No Children! Look for the Americans with all the cameras... :)

Blessings,
Michelle