Saturday, January 19, 2008

Boring!

I am only checking in, because I received an e-mail from my sister, Laura, who complained that my blog is "really disappoint[ing]". This is, apparently, because I have not written in awhile, and she likes to be a snoop. I promise, I have only not written, because this has been a slow week. You would so not be interested in the hijinks involved with cleaning a house!

The only interesting thing that happened this week was the start of a new Bible study with PWOC. I'm studying a book called 3:16 by Max Lucado. It's an interesting one, and I encourage you to read it! This week's lesson covers John 3:1-12, which covers Nicodemus' conversation with Jesus. It offers up a good question to all of us, even those of us who are Christians. Are we too religious? Jesus says in this passage that religion and good works alone do not get us to Heaven. Only if we are born again do we get to the Father. So, it's a good question to keep in mind.

As Christians we often get caught up in the minutiae of which denomination is more correct, or which way to take Communion is correct, or which way to baptize is more correct. We're all missing the point. Faith in Jesus' grace is the only point to make, and we're missing that opportunity all the time. He says it in John 3. Read it!

I do have some interesting things coming up - Carnevale in Venice, a ski trip to Innsbruck, and a cruise to Turkey, Greece, and Egypt. So, keep checking in!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Max Lucado's books are always great. I am currently reading, Cure For The Common Life, which is a real wake-up call for those of us who often waste the gifts God gives us. Dad received it from a friend and I decided to read it first.