Thursday, January 24, 2008

And, One Point Goes to Italy!

Another score for an enterprising Italian businessman! We have been going back-and-forth between USAA and the USAA-approved body shop this week in regard to the BMW - that's right, we still have not gotten a single thing done to get the car fixed.

The battery died shortly after the accident, and the only English speaker at the body shop (who is conveniently rarely there) told us to make sure we heard from USAA that they would cover towing before we did anything. FINALLY, today, I talked to our USAA guy, who told me I would be hearing from the body shop. I heard from them, and they gave me the number to the towing guy they wanted me to use.

I called the towing guy, Claudio, who PICKED UP ON THE FIRST TRY (!), and arrived at my house ON TIME, within a couple hours of when we first talked! This is an astounding moment in Italian commerce. Grazie mille per Claudio! Bravo!!

Not much else going on this week.

No comments: