Monday, March 17, 2008

Gotta Love Mondays!

Nove is a little town about an hour and a half away that is famous for its ceramics shops. So, what to do on a Monday? Let's go shopping!

Like I said, ceramics is what this town is known for - and they love their ceramics. Different brands in the States - Tiffany, Lenox, Williams-Sonoma - depend on different stores in this town to supply them with beautiful serving pieces. And, Americans who live close by like to journey here to stock up on things that they don't need.

After all, I have three sets of dishes, and I certainly don't need more. But, I always find things I want in Nove. So, I went with three friends on Monday in search of one thing in particular - a bunny bowl.

I saw it at a luncheon - a white large bowl with little bunnies painted around the rim. Perfect for Easter. I had to have it. We went to three stores, and I finally found it at VBC - I should have known it would be there!

I also found a cute pitcher and gifts for some people. We ate lunch in a nearby town called Bassano del Grappa - absolutely stunning river and mountain views!

All in a day's work.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I love Mondays, too, when they involve great shopping trips. I just want you to know--I love my bunny bowl.