Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cherry Festival

Yesterday started out with a two-year-old's birthday party, and then my friends Heather and Trent agreed it was the perfect day to check out a cherry festival supposedly happening in Spilimbergo, a town about a half-hour from us. So, we jumped into their car, and went looking for this festival.

By the time we found it, we discovered that nothing was really going to start up until that night. But, the festival was set up right next to a beautiful little river that clearly flows down from the mountains.

We took off our shoes and waded in the water for awhile. We decided to keep exploring. We drove back toward the mountains, and found a cool roadside winery/restaurant/brewery/foodstand and relaxed for a bit. I bought some great local honey from them.

We kept driving into the mountains to Poffabro, a town I blogged about back in January. We just walked around taking in the views. All in all, a fantastic beautiful day. And, tomorrow I leave for the United States! I absolutely can't wait until I touch down in DC.

No comments: