Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just Your Average Morning


I've been really restless lately. My travel buddy is gone, and it's actually quite hard to find people who want to just go and do stuff for some reason.

So, I decided to go to Venice by myself this morning to get some birthday gift shopping done. Mission accomplished! It was a beautiful day there, and those in our family who have birthdays coming up should be very happy.

I was very happy too. I treated myself to a Murano glass tulip picture frame that I had my eye on when I was there a couple of months ago.

I had an interesting train ride back. I brought my crosstitch project, and an Italian woman came out of her way to compliment me on how beautiful it is. I must say, I never thought I'd see the day when someone would compliment a craft I'm working on. I am the least crafty person in the world. I'm sure my mom and sister are laughing at me right now.

Also, my train ride home included my first Italian cross-dresser sighting. Seriously, I never thought I'd see this day either. Italians are not really into that kind of thing. Very strange.

But, I had a fantastic time, and found that I can be a great traveling companion for myself!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ooh, that sounds like such a lovely day! Sometimes being alone is such a good thing. I'm glad you had a good time.