Monday, June 9, 2008

Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails, That's What Giais Is Made Of

We have had LOTS of rain lately. All that rain means that my perpetual enemies (the lizards) have not been around my yard much. However, I have had lots of snails and slugs all over the place...

I can also happily report that my scorpion friend in my light fixture has passed. I have also moved back into my room. However, I had to kill one in my entryway the other day, and I took a picture to show you what they look like, size-wise, in comparison to my shoe. This one was medium-sized.

But, this time of year really ranks high on the list of most beautiful to visit Italy. The Italians LOVE flowers, and there are so many beautiful trees and blooms you can't help but be impressed. They really go crazy with roses - there are so many, and in every shade imaginable. It's heavenly. Here are some pictures I took in my village:

No comments: