Monday, March 30, 2009

Rogaska

I went with a group of ladies from our squadron this past weekend to Rogaska Slatina, Slovenia for crystal shopping and spa treatments. All in all, it was a great place to go for a quick weekend trip.

We drove up on Saturday and hit the stores right away. We found two good ones, and I ended up buying a set of water glasses, some dessert bowls, candlesticks, and even a glass beer boot for Chris. For the amount of crystal I bought, I got an amazing deal.

The town of Rogaska is tiny. There was really not much to it aside from the crystal factories and the resort hotels that are all there because of the magnesium-rich waters. This has been a spa destination for about a century.

So, the remainder of our time was spent relaxing and hitting the spa. It was a nice weekend, and I had a fantastic time!

No comments: