Monday, March 23, 2009

Trips Aplenty

The past couple of weeks were super busy! My parents came for an all-too-brief visit. We had a great time, traveling to Rome and Venice, and even making a stop in Nove. Just for the record, I bought a really cute piggybank that is really an elephant for the baby's room. I also bought a beautiful spring platter, and a cute gingerbread cookie plate and matching mugs for Christmas. My mom went crazy with her own purchases.

A few days after saying goodbye to them, I went on a Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC) retreat in Gaeta, Italy, near Naples. It was incredible! It was a retreat for all the PWOC's in the Mediterranean area, and was a great refreshing weekend.

The weather was gorgeous, the hotel was on the beach, we had a huge chunk of free-time on that Saturday, and my favorite lemon and orange trees were bursting with fruit in that whole region. It made for a beautiful drive and a perfect location!

It also felt great to put my swollen pregnancy ankles in the Mediterranean and then just sit on the beach for awhile.

Go figure, my camera batteries are dead. So, I will try to post some pictures later on.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, I gave up on your blog for a couple weeks, then I check back in and you've increased your YTD posts by 50%. Those trips sound wonderful. I would love to be soaking my feet in the Med. Glad you're keeping busy while Chris is fighting for our freedom and eating the occasional Coldstone. I hope he got cake batter ice cream. It's the best.