Tuesday, November 10, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

It is so nice to have a house. A house where I am sitting on the couch with my laptop (complete with my Internet hooked up) and a good cup of coffee. And, LOTS of boxes that still need to be unpacked.

I am sitting here waiting for the Telecom guy to show up. I'm wondering why I need to be doing this, instead of going to Bible study, when we hooked up (we meaning Chris) the phone and Internet ourselves. Oh well.

Unpacking has been going slowly but surely. On move-in day, I went to the doctor, because of an in-grown toenail. He told me it was healing itself. Several days later, when I was completely confined to the couch, completely unable to walk, I went in for the dreaded toenail removal. I had this done several times in high school, and was so not looking forward to it. I'm so glad I went though. It's on the mend.

Anyways, we are in the part of the move where we have unpacked lots of things, but have no places to put them. Our dining room table is covered in serving pieces. Chris commented to me, "Did you leave any platters in Nove?" No, dear, I tried my best not to.

It's hard to move around to different places, because nothing you had in the last house seems to work. Especially when you go from one strangely-constructed European house to the next.

So, we broke down and went to Ikea yesterday for some cheap shelves. I was told that, if I did this, I could get really nice Belgian dining room furniture. So, I was in. I really don't enjoy Ikea, but it was nice to get out and do some shopping.

I'm also obsessed with my ongoing to-buy list. Last night, when I was up with Jackson, I was sitting in the rocker looking around the room and fidgeting because I wanted pen and paper to start listing all the things we needed for his room. I'm becoming crazy over it, I tell you.

One day, though, we will finally be done with putting everything away. I can't wait!

No comments: