Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's a Date

The sun is out today! So, I packed up my baby and decided that he and I would have a lunch date today. And, it was a great day!

I have to say, we have had a rough week as far as sleep is concerned. Jackson has had a stuffy nose, which means that we have had a serious lack of rest. But, I was not going to be deterred in going out and enjoying the day.

I told you last week that we went to the Sittard market for the first time. Since it was market day again, I decided to try braving the parking and navigating all alone, just because I'm that daring (and I have a GPS).

Not only did I get to Sittard an entirely new way without my GPS, I found an incredible parking lot. A parking lot surrounded by totally new shops to explore and very close to the market.

Being that it was lunchtime, and Jackson was getting hungry, I headed straight for Bagels and Beans, which is the best bagel and coffee shop ever (and, mind you, I love Starbucks). I had a wonderful lunch, and so did Jackson. Who wouldn't love carrots and apples/blueberries for lunch in all their pureed glory?

I was so proud of myself by the time we left. We had managed not to make a huge mess, Jackson really didn't make a scene, and he had admirers smiling at him the entire time.

I had some time to get some things in the market, and then I headed back to the shopping area near the car. Wow! First of all, I am thrilled to announce that it is officially time to start buying tulips. And, the fact that we live near Holland means that they are starting to emerge everywhere. I was so bummed that I didn't have my camera with me.

We went to a florist shop so that I could admire the tulips, and I ended up buying a pretty winter wreath for our front door, and a Carnival clown. Yes, a Carnival clown. They had a great display, and I am such a sucker for those. I am every marketing and merchandising person's dream consumer.

Well, since I did not have my camera, I took a picture of the beautiful bouquet of flowers that my husband brought home for me last night. I have a great husband who, from the beginning of our relationship, figured out that I melt when he brings me tulips. They are my favorite. So, I got some beautiful white tulips and pink roses last night, just because he loves me. He's the best! Enjoy.

4 comments:

Frank, Patty, Joseph, and Daniel too! said...

Yeah! Good for you. It's always hard getting out somewhere new for the first time. Congrats. You are such a great Mother and Jack is so blessed to have you two as parents.
Speaking of Jack, we received the Christmas card. Thank you! He is so adorable.
Miss you all.

Michelle said...

I expect to see lots of tulip pictures! BTW, did the return package make it?

Mini said...

Michelle, yes Mere got the package...Jack has kept here pretty busy...a regular Mr. Cranky...I don't know where he gets that from. Take care.

Leslie said...

Hey Mere! I found your blog so I bookmarked it! I love tulips too...my absolute fave flower!!!